Best of Toronto Events: April 26-May 3 2013
What To Do in Toronto from April 26 – May 3, 2013
1. Toronto Maple Leafs Game
This weekend, blue jerseys will crowd the streets around the Air Canada Centre. The Leafs play against their rivals – the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday night. For hockey fans in the city, it’s the first playoff appearance in Toronto in almost decade so expect it to be busy and tickets to sell out fast.
- Highlight: Home tema’s first game
- When: April 27, 2013 | 6 – 8 p.m.
- Where: Air Canada Centre, 40 Bay St., Toronto, Ontario
- Cost: $79-$459
2. Toronto Gem Show
If you’ve got a penchant for bling, and are looking for a new design, check out this show where you’ll find everything from custom jewelry to gems, minerals and fossils.
- Highlight: Jewelry
- When: Friday, April 26 4-9 p.m., Saturday, April 27 10 am – 7 p.m., Sunday, April 28 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: 1030 Don Mills, Toronto, Ontario
- Cost: $7/adults, Free/15 and under.
3. Hot Docs
They’re calling for some rain – what better way to pass a cloudy day than watching some movies with a big bag of popcorn. Yo can catch more than 170 films from Canada and worldwide in what has become North America’s largest documentary film festival – the Hot Docs. From Sundance to activist films, there are more than 30 countries represented at this year’s festival. If you need cheap tickets, you can catch a late night imove for only $6.
- Highlight: Film festival
- When: April 25-May 5, 2013
- Where: Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, 506 Bloor St. W., Toronto, Ontario
- Cost: $6 – 15/film