Free admission to museums on Father’s Day
Get Dad into a museum for free during your Florida vacation
On a tight budget and looking for a unique father’s day idea? Try one of the following:
Florida Aquarium, Tampa
Enjoy an educational show or get up close and personal with a bamboo shark – there are more than 20,000 aquatic animals at the aquarium for Dad to visit. Watch playful river otters or touch a sea star, take a wild dolphin cruise or swim with the fishes – this will be a unique father’s day gift to remember.
- Highlight: Let Dad touch a shark!
- When: June 16-17, 2012
- Where: 701 Channelside Drive, Tampa, Florida 33602
- Cost: Dad gets free admission with a paid admission.
The World Golf Hall Of Fame, St. Augustine
If Dad’s a golfer, enjoy a scavenger hunt, take a self-guided tour of U.S. Open winners in the museum at World Golf Village, and then let him can enjoy a free round on the putting course. The Father’s Day gifts are rounded off with a bag of coupons, gifts and certificates.
- Highlight: Let Dad play a free round.
- When: Sunday, June 17, 2012
- Where: One World Golf Place, St. Augustine, FL 32092
- Cost: Free for everyone.
The Miami Science Museum, Miami
The Ryder Big Truck Days are here just in time for Father’s Day weekend. And best of all, when you pay for one child’s admission, Dad gets in for free. Wander through the the Miami Science museum‘s parking lot to see all buses and trucks, but best of all, you can get inside of them as well! Miami’s famous food trucks will also be on the premises to curb appetites. There will be a myriad of activities for children and raffles for adults.
- Highlight: Get inside a big truck
- When: Saturday, June 16 and Sunday, June 17, 2012 from 12-5 p.m.
- Where: 3280 S. Miami Ave, Miami, FL 33129
- Cost: Dad is free with child’s admission.
Do you have a great Father’s Day idea for treating Dad?