What To Do In Florida: Holiday light displays to see in Northern Florida
Florida Vacation Guide: Best of holiday light displays to see in Northern Florida
If you’re hoping to see some spectacular displays of holiday lights in Northern Florida this year, the following are three of the best places to look!
1. Nights of Lights Festival and Celebration, St. Augustine
It’s impossible not to feel the Christmas spirit when you feast your eyes on the streets of St. Augustine during the Nights of Lights Festival and Celebration. See millions of twinkling lights on palm trees, buildings and more. On the first Friday in December, several galleries will be giving out holiday refreshments! The official opening ceremony, Light Up! Night, happened on November 17 but they’ll stay on each night until the end of January.
- Highlight: Millions of twinkling lights
- When: November 17-January 31, 2012
- Where: Plaza de la Constitucion King Street, St. Augustine, Florida
- Cost: Free
2. Festival of Lights, White Springs
A month-long holiday celebration at Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park kicks off on November 30. See the millions of twinkling lights any evening through the month until 9pm (except for Christmas Night). There’ll be holiday sights and sounds to enjoy all through the park during this award-winning event. The antebellum Museum will be decked out in festive splendor. Walk through the candy cane forest and the gingerbread village. The must-see highlight of the festival is the 200-foot tall Carillon Tower which plays music and lights up like a beacon in the night. The only thing missing is snow!
- Highlight: Holiday sights and sounds
- When: November 30-December 30
- Where:U.S. 41 North, White Springs, Florida 32096
- Cost: $2/person, Free/under 3
3. Holiday Lights in the Garden
See more than 500,000 twinkling lights on treetops, lighting up walkways, on the bromeliads, hibiscus and bougainvillea. Holiday Lights in the Garden has been a beloved holiday tradition in Largo, Florida since 2002 but there will be several new lighting displays this year. Every evening until January 1, 2013 the lights are on from 5:30pm-9:30pm.
- Highlight: Lights in the garden!
- When: November 23 through January 1, 2013
- Where: 12520 Ulmerton Road, Largo, Florida
- Cost: Free (requested $2 donation)
Do you make a point of visiting holiday light displays?