Roadsters to Batmobiles in Florida car museums
Florida Vacation Guide for car enthusiasts
Sure Florida is about sun and beaches, but there’s lots more to see, especially on a hot day if you want to be indoors. If you’ve got a hankering for all things cars, from hot rods to antiques, Florida has sites for vintage cars throughout the state. Want to stop into a Florida car museum? Checkout our list below:
Automobile Museum, Tallahassee
- Cost: $16/adult, $10.75/students, $7.50/children, Free/children 4 and under
- Where: 6800 Mahan Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32308
Antique Car Museum, Fort Lauderdale
This 18,000 square-foot museum replicates a Packard showroom with more than 22 pre-war Packard automobiles. From Roadsters with compartments for golf clubs to a 1929 645 Dual Cowl Phaeton with a self-lubrication system for its chassis, each car is in condition to still run. There are also wind-up dashboard clocks, hood ornaments, custom gear shift knobs, and hundreds of items to look through.
- Cost: $8/adult, $5/seniors, Free/children 11 and under
- Where: 1527 S.W. 1st. Ave., Ft Lauderdale, FL 33315
Classic Car Museum, Sarasota
- Cost: $9.85/adult, $8.50/seniors, 6.50/children 6-12; Free/children 5 and under
- Where: 5500 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34243
What’s your favorite antique car?