Last-minute Valentine’s celebrations in Florida
Florida Travel Guide to last-minute Valentine’s celebrations
Yikes! Did you forget your sweetheart today? Or did you just meet the new love of your life? Following are some events that you might still be able to get a ticket to:
1) Dark Chocolate Lovers
What food speaks more loudly to romance than chocolate? Learn all about chocolate while sampling some of the more “high-octane” offerings which contain between 60% and 80% cocoa. Chocolate samples are paired with the perfect tea for a lovely bit of afternoon indulgence at Burroughs Home & Gardens.
- Highlight: Um…chocolate.
- When: February 14, 1-2pm
- Where: Burroughs Home & Gardens, 2505 First Street, Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Cost: $25
2) A Princess Moment
- Highlight: Castle and fairytales.
- When: February 14
- Where: Walt Disney World, 7 Seas Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32836, USA
- Cost: Admission
3) Sweetheart Express
Step onto the dinner train with your sweetheart for a murder mystery. What’s romantic about that, you ask? The violin music and the love theme! Call 1 (239)-275-8487 for details.
- Highlight: Violin music, intrigue and dinner
- When: Feb 13 & 14, 6:30pm
- Where: Seminole Gulf Railway, 2805 Colonial Blvd, Fort Myers, FL 33966
- Cost: $76
4) Valentine’s Movie Night at Leu Gardens
Weather permitting, you and your Valentine can enjoy “Crazy Stupid Love” in the Garden on the most romantic day of the year. Pack a picnic and prepare to hold hands.
- Highlight: A movie in the garden with your sweetie
- When: February 14 Gardens open at 6pm, movie starts at 7:30
- Where: Harry P. Leu Gardens, 1920 North Forest Avenue, Orlando, FL
- Cost: Adult: $5, Child: $2 (plus tax)
Time together to share love is ultimately what Valentine’s is about. Take a walk on the beach, swing in a hammock. If you’ve got nowhere to go, sometimes there’s no place like home. Take the time to set the stage – put a photo of the two of you on the table, a candle in front, a rose on the dinner plate. Time is sometimes the greatest gift.
- Highlight: Careful attention to detail – candles, soft music…
- When: February 14
- Where: Your home, hotel room, etc.
- Cost: Time and imagination!
What’s the best last-minute Valentine’s idea you ever came up with?