Get Outdoors: Best of Florida Outdoor Events: July 7-14
Florida Vacation Guide – July 7-14: What to do in Florida’s outdoors
As part of Florida Park and Recreation Month, we’re featuring a number of events for this coming week – from a day hike to outdoor music, there’s an event in one of the Florida parks to suit everyone’s taste:
Nature Hike, Jacksonville
Bring an adventurous spirit, bug spray and bottled water to Fort George Island Cultural State Park. The hike starts at the Ribault Club and will focus on the natural inhabitants of Fort George Island, such as gopher tortoises, bobcats and fiddler crabs.
- Highlight: A relaxing walk through nature
- When: Saturday, July 17, 2012 at 2 p.m.
- Where: State Road A1A South, Jacksonville, Florida 32226
- Cost: Free
Collector’s Day, Homosassa
Whatever it is you collect (as long as it’s family-friendly), you can exhibit them at Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park and discuss with visitors. Do you have an antique, train, coins, or book collection? Perhaps something unusual? Now is your chance to show it off!
- Highlight: Show your collections.
- When: Saturday, July 17, 2012 at 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: 4150 S. Suncoast Blvd., Homosassa, Florida 34446
- Cost: Free to see the exhibit in the center but you have to pay park admission if you want to enter the park.
Summer Reading, Pensacola
- Highlight: Have a story read to you!
- When: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Where: 12301 Gulf Beach Highway, Pensacola, Florida 32507
- Cost: Just show a local library card and get in for free, or, it’s included with regular park admission!
A Music Jam, Flagler Beach
- Highlight: Create some music
- When: Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 4 p.m. to sunset
- Where: 3100 S. State Road A1A, Flagler Beach, Florida 32136
- Cost: Free with park admission.
Do you prefer to hike, canoe or cycle?