Best Of July 4th Events in the Florida Keys
Florida Vacation Guide to the Fourth of July in The Florida Keys
Spending the Fourth of July in the Florida Keys? Here are some great events to check out with your family.
1. Annual Key West July 4th Picnic
Every year a July 4 picnic is held in Key West to benefit the Hospice of Florida Keys and the Visiting Nurse Association. It’s taking place this year at the luxurious Casa Marina Resort & Beach Club. Enjoy a meal of burgers, hotdogs and more – all you can eat when you purchase the buffet. If you just get a general admission ticket, enjoy free popcorn and watermelon. Take in the silent auction, live music and children’s games. If you want to take things up a notch, go for the “best seats on the beach” option where for $125/person you get reserved beachfront seating and a lavish buffet spread.
- Highlight: Buffet on the beach
- When: 5pm, fireworks start at 9pm
- Where: 1500 Reynolds Street
- Cost: General admission: $10 | Buffet: $25/adults, $10/children, Free/under 3
2. July 4 Fireworks at Sugarloaf Airport
Head to Sugarloaf Key for a July 4 event where activities involve live music, ice-cold drinks, food, fun and games for kids and adults alike. At around 9pm, the fireworks will go off. Don’t bring any pets, coolers or fireworks of your own.
- Highlight: Fun and games
- When: 5pm, fireworks at 9pm. Rain date: July 5
- Where: Sugarloaf Airport, Mile Marker 17
- Cost: Free
3. Independence Day at Islamorada’s Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Enjoy some live music at the Tiki Bar of Islamorada’s Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina. Eat some delicious food and have all kinds of fun. Take a break from the music and head to Plantation Key for the “Spirit of Islamorada” festivities and fireworks. If you’re a guest of the hotel, you can enjoy for free. therwise, it’s ten bucks.
- Highlight: Fun at the Tiki Bar
- When: 2pm into the night
- Where: MM 87, Islamorada, FL, 33036
- Cost: $10 for non-guests of the hotel
How do you plan on spending the July 4th holiday?