Best of Family Friendly Memorial Day Events in Florida 2012
Florida Travel Guide: Memorial Day Weekend Events for Families
Not every Memorial Day Weekend event is great for children, so we’ve put together a list of some events happening in Florida that are good for the whole family.
1. Memorial Weekend on Jungle Island
On Saturday when you pay your general admission price to Jungle Island on Watson Island, you will receive an absolutely free BBQ lunch! Jungle Island is a great place to celebrate Memorial Day Weekend with your family. The kids will be able to play on the water slides and take part in other fun activities, exhibits and shows.
- Highlight: Free BBQ and fun for the kids
- When: May 26: 10am
- Where: Jungle Island, 1111 Parrot Island Trail, Miami FL 33132
- Cost: Children age 3-10: $24.95, Adults: $32.95
2. Oldsmar FreedomFest
There will be live music, good food and lots more taking place in Oldsmar during the fourth annual Oldsmar FreedomFest. Shop for unique goods from vendor booths, let the kids play or watch the bike shows and the wing eating and stein holding contests together. Enjoy musical performances by Jaded and The Alter Eagles, Diamond Gray, Stormbringer, The Greg Billings Band, Trigger City Trio and The Black Honkeys.
- Highlight: Live music and more
- When: May 25: 5-10, May 26: 10-10, May 27: 11-6
- Where: 100 State Street W., Oldsmar FL 34677
- Cost: Free
3. Blue Crab Festival
The kids will have a great time at the biggest Memorial Day celebration in Florida, taking place in downtown Palatka during the Blue Crab Festival. Pay tribute by watching the Memorial Day Parade. Take a helicopter or airboat ride, enjoy the tastes of fresh seafood during the seafood cook-off. There will be live entertainment, arts, crafts, antiques and more!
- Highlight: Eating tasty seafood while celebrating Memorial Day
- When: May 25-28
- Where: 100 St. Johns Avenue, Palatka, FL
- Cost: Free
What are your plans for this long Memorial Day Weekend?