Best of Cultural Florida Events: March 9-16
Florida Travel Guide – Best Cultural Florida Events: March 9-16
If you’re traveling in Florida March 9-16, let fun be your guide!
1) 34th Annual St. Patrick’s Festival
Celebrate Irish culture by feasting on shepherd’s pie, corned beef & cabbage, soda bread and whiskey cake. Wash it down with beer or Irish coffee! Shop vendor booths for Irish arts, crafts and trinkets. While you indulge in Irish treats, watch the kids play on a giant slide and a climbing wall.
- Highlight: Celebrating Irish
- When: Saturday March 10, noon-6pm
- Where: Fred B. Hartnett Ponce Circle Park, 2800 Ponce de Leon Boulevard, Coral Gables, Miami FL 33134
- Cost: Free
2) Old Florida Festival
Relive the past while Florida’s finest historical re-enactors, performers and craftworkers entertain you. Watch demos on leather smithing, broom-making and soap-making. There’ll be cannon firings, live music and lots of food like BBQ and old-fashioned kettle corn.
- Highlight: History through demos, entertainment and more
- When: March 10-11, 10-5
- Where: 3331 Tamiami Trail E., Naples FL 34112
- Cost: Adults: $5, Children 8-18: $2, Under 8: Free
3) Bay Area Renaissance Festival
Walk among wizards, warriors and commoners at this replica of a 16th century village. Watch human chess matches, live street theater and fire-eaters. Gnaw on a giant turkey leg and wash it down with some grog. Check out the couples pie eating competition. This weekend’s theme? Wine, Chocolate & Romance! (Yes, there will be free wine samples!)
- Highlight: Reliving days of yore
- When: March 11, 10am-6pm
- Where: Museum of Science and Industry, 4801 E Fowler Ave., Tampa FL 33617
- Cost: Adults: $15.95 advance, $18.95 at the gate. Children 5-12: $7.95 advance, $10.95 at the gate. Seniors: $14.95. Pets: $10
Which favorite cultural Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?