Become an honorary ogre at the Gaylord Palms’ family-friendly buffet
Florida Vacation Guide: Have breakfast with Shrek, Fiona and Puss In Boots at the Gaylord Palms’ Shrek Feast
The luxurious Gaylord Palms Resort and DreamWorks have put together an experience that will delight every single member of your family. From fun in the sun at the new Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, including a screening of a DreamWorks film from the pool, to the fun (and challenging) Puss In Boots Scavenger Hunt and the character Meet and Greets, there’s no chance to be bored with Family Fun Weekends with Shrek & Friends.
But one of the highlights of the DreamWorks Experience is the Shrek Feast.
The Gaylord Palms’ Shrek Feast
When you enter the Villa de Flora (after you’ve made your reservation), you’ll be guided through the elaborate breakfast buffet as you’re escorted to your table. After you’ve been seated, you’ll be offered coffee, tea and Shrek’s specialty; neon green swamp juice. And it’s delicious, by the way.
The little ones will receive their swamp juice in a souvenir cup to bring home as a reminder of this unforgettable dining experience.
Meet the characters
Shrek makes his way around the dining room being ogreish, picking his nose and wiping it on diner’s heads and making rude gestures of all sorts. He does give hugs and kisses too, when the mood strikes. Puss In Boots is also there, being his charming self, posing for photos and begging for milk and smoked salmon. Princess Fiona sits and chats with guests as well. She’s the most approachable of the characters for small children who tend to be nervous around costumed creatures. At the same time, two town criers make their way to each table, telling jokes and entertaining guests. Be sure to take the Ogre Pledge!
Eat until you can’t eat any more
You can find any breakfast item you could possibly desire on the Shrek Feast interactive character meal breakfast buffet:
- Indulge in all kinds of breakfast pastries from croissants and danishes to sweet loaves and muffins
- Make-your-own-yogurt-parfaits, with dried fruits, nuts, granola, cottage cheese and several flavors of yogurt to choose from
- Make toast from bagels or several types of breads and top it with jam, cream cheese or butter
- Pile your plate with biscuits and gravy, home-style potato wedges and cobbler
- Smoked salmon, cheese and deli meats complement quiches and scrambled eggs
- Bacon and two types of sausages round out the healthier options of fresh fruit and cereal
- The kids can’t get enough of the Shrek-shaped waffles (Donkey’s favorite), pancakes and french toast which they can top with syrup, strawberries and whipped cream
- Take your turn at the any-way-you-want-them egg station
- Come back around when you’re finished for a turn at the Shrek fountain where you coat chunks of cake with liquid green chocolate
The cost of the Shrek Feast is $29.95/adult and $19.95/kids and it’s served from 8am until 10:30am.
What is your favorite brunch item?