Best of Central Florida Events: April 27-May 4
Florida Travel Guide – April 27-May 4: Things to Do in Central Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Central area between April 27 and May 4, let fun be your guide.
1. Great American Pie Festival
Celebration, Florida, becomes the Pie Capital of the World this weekend when thousands of bakers, tasters and pie-lovers in general meet up for the Great American Pie Festival (sponsored by Crisco). The Never-Ending Pie Buffet will again be the highlight (as it has been for the past ten years) featuring ice cream, award-winning pie, toppings and beverages. Kids can take part in pie decorating, pie tin art and more!
- Highlight: Um…pie!
- When: April 28: 11am-7pm, April 29: 12pm-5pm
- Where: Lakeside Park, 631 Sycamore St., Celebration, FL 34747
- Cost: Demos & entertainment: Free | Never Ending Pie Buffet: $10 | Kids area: $5/adults, $10 children 3-12
2. Titusville Main Street Indian River Jazz Festival
16 performers. Two days. If you’re a fan of jazz music, you’ll want to get yourself to Titusville this weekend to enjoy the music along the beautiful Indian River.
- Highlight: Jazz. Two days of jazz.
- When: April 27 & 28, 6pm −10pm
- Where: 8 Broad Street, Titusville, FL 32780
- Cost: $12/one day pass, $20/two day pass
3. The Cotee River Seafood & Blues Festival
Music, food and art. Does it get any better? Relax and listen to the music from the Thunderbolt Brown Blues Band, the Bluzification Band, Josh Lamkin, Sean Chambers and many more. Eat fresh seafood, sushi (made to order!), take in some kayaking demonstrations and see the famous Mermaids of Weeki Wachee!
- Highlight: Food, music and art
- When: April 27: 4-10, 28: 10-10, 29: 10-5
- Where: Sims Park, Bank Street and Grand Boulevard, New Port Richey, FL, 34652
- Cost: Free
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?