Where to Shop: Christmas shopping in Florida
Florida Travel News: Best holiday stores from northern to southern Florida
If you’re a last-minut shopper, there are unique finds and stores throughout Florida depending on what you’re looking for.
St Augustine Premium Outlets, St Augustine
If you’re looking to stretch your wallet, discounts are the norm at outlet malls and can range up to 65% off with everything from designer clothing to sports equipment. The largest shopping mall in northern Florida is St Augustine Premium Outlets, where you’ll find a variety of stores from Banana Republic Factory Store to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.
Downtown Disney, Orlando
If you’re looking to entertain your children while finishing your gift list, or you’re done your shopping and one of your favorite holiday pastimes is window shopping, Downtown Disney Marketplace serves a multitude of purposes. With dozens of shops to linger at and all kinds of tasty treats to sample along the way, the Downtown Disney Marketplace is a shopper’s dream…especially at Christmas! From the 66-acre West Side, to Pleasure Island and the Downtown Marketplace, you’ll be sure to find all the unique Disney-related Christmas items you need for this shopping season:
- more than 20 venues and a variety of outdoor artisans with merchandise from cloth-covered balloons to creative hair wraps, and silhouette portraits to personalized wood nameplates.
- Disney’s Days of Christmas store carries Christmas collectibles, ornaments and Disney character holiday items
- the 51,000-square-foot World of Disney Store has Disney-themed merchandise rooms, each telling stories based on classic Disney films
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, a magical salon for little princesses and rock star wannabes ages 3 and up.
- till December 27, 2012, there is also live entertainment from holiday carolers to a dance party, festive decorations, photo ops and Santa meet and greets at Downtown Disney.
Bal Harbor Shops, Miami
If luxury items are on your Christmas list, go to the highest grossing mall per square foot in the country, Bal Harbor is more than just a string of stores. After you’ve strolled through the open-air luxury shops, from Bulgari to Oscar De La Renta, drop your bags for unique meal options, from Stephen Starr’s Makoto to the newly opened caviar and French wine bar, Savarin. Afterward, watch a movie on the beach or attend an art installation during Art Nights.
Where is your favorite Christmas shopping?