Independence Week at Walt Disney World
Florida Travel News: Limited Time Magic extends Independence Day till July 7, 2013
If you’re looking to celebrate your country, you can do it all week long at Disney World! Get your red, white and blue and head to the theme parks from July 1-7, 2013 for a seven-day patriotic Fourth of July celebration.
Stars and stripes tributes
Here’s what you can look for during the Limited Time Magic celebrations:
- Magic Kingdom: a 15-minute 360-degree ”Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky.” fireworks show
- Magic Kingdom: a patriotic pre-Celebrate a Dream Come True parade with Goofy, Donald and a horse-drawn calliope.
- Patriotic-themed merchandise in stores along Main Street
- Americana inspired food and treats at restaurants
Epcot Independence Day Events:
On Independence Day only, here’s what you’ll find at Epcot. Make sure you catch the Voices of Liberty Fourth of July concert – Disney characters and drum corps join the the eight-part, a capella Voices of Liberty.
- Characters in patriotic dress are on set from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and from 3:30 – 6 p.m. outside near Kidcot (under the porte-cochere)
- Voices of Liberty showtimes at America Gardens Theatre are 12:30, 1:45, and 3 p.m. They are also doing two sets inside the American Adventure Rotunda at 4:15 and 5 p.m.
- Special showtimes for Slippery When Wet (Sounds Like Summer concert series) on the Fourth of July are 5:15, 6:30, 7:45, and 9 p.m.
- The Heartbeat of Freedom, a special tribute following IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth lights up the sky at 10 p.m.
Hollywood Studios Independence Day Events:
The new “Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration” fireworks show starts at the Sorcerer Hat with a DJ at 6 pm and Mulch, Sweat & Shears at 7, 8, 9 and 10 p.m. The rock ‘n roll fireworks start at 10:15 p.m.
How do you celebrate the Fourth of July?