GET OUTDOORS: BEST OF OUTDOOR EVENTS: DECEMBER 7-DECEMBER 14
Florida News: Outdoor Events To Do December 7 – December 14
Festive celebrations are happening throughout Florida, even in the outdoors. Hop on a wagon ride, wander a lantern-lit trail or listen to carollers outdoors. If you’re looking for yuletide cheer, check out the following:
1. Christmas Light Show at Three Rivers State Park
Take a scenic drive through the Three Rivers State Park for the full display of their Christmas displays and lights. The park is collecting donations for the food drive.
- Highlight: Holiday lights
- When: December 7-9 and December 14-16, 2012 | 6-8 pm
- Where: 7908 Three Rivers Road, Sneads, Florida 32951
- Cost: Free (donations accepted).
2. Caroling the Ravines
Hop on a wagon in Ravine Gardens State Park and loop around the 1.8 mile tree-top drive while listening to carolers sing old fashioned carols. Sparkling lights, a ravine drive, floating candles and holiday movies for children are all part of the evening’s holiday cheer.
- Highlight: Holiday music
- When: December 8, 2012 | 6-9 pm
- Where: 1600 Twigg Street, Palatka, Florida
- Cost: Perishable food item donation
3. Candlelight Experience at Fort Foster
Celebrate the holidays on the Florida Frontier at Hillsborough River State Park! Listen to folk music, walk along a lantern-lit trail through the Fort and sample warm cider & cookies. Then join Seminole Natives across the bridge as they take you to a lantern-lit pathway that highlights a native encampment and stories.
- Highlight: Historic re-enactment
- When: December 7 & 8, 2012 | 6-9 pm
- Where: 15402 U.S. 301 North, Thonotosassa, Florida
- Cost: $5 registration/adults; free/12 and under
Which of these outdoor events would you do during the holiday season?