Best of South Florida Events: January 25 – February 1
What To Do from January 25 – February 1, 2013
If you’re traveling through South Florida between December 21 and December 28 and you’re looking for some great events, check out one of these upcoming activities.
1. Ghost Walk 2013
Get spooky at Koreshan State Historic Site! Take a guided walk through the night to 9 different scenes acted out to demonstrate the life of the Koreshans. As you walk by lamplight you step back in time with the 28 people that are on this walk.
- Highlight: Outdoor play at moonlight.
- When: January 25 and 26, and February 1 and 2. 7:00, 7:15, 7:30 and 7:45 each evening.
- Where: 3800 Corkscrew Road, Estero, Florida 33928
- Cost: $10/person
2. Key West Food and Wine Festival
Taste creative cuisine and food that is indigenous to the Keys when top chefs and restaurateurs showcase their culinary talents at this annual event. There’s a variety of events that foodies can participate in during the Key West Food and Wine Festival.
- Highlight: Umm, wine
- When: January 24-27, 2013
- Where: Various locations throughout Key West, Florida
- Cost: $10-100 – varies depending on venue
3. South Beach Dachshund Winterfest
Back in 2003, a few wiener dogs took part in this celebration which has now grown to include a doggie parade, costume contest, group sing-along of “The Dach Song”, and talent shows that include pooch smooching. Watch the dogs waddle down the street toward Lummus Park or catch the dachshund fortunetelling, and you’ll know why South Beach is unique!
- Highlight: For Dog lovers
- When: January 26, 2013, 12-3 p.m.
- Where: Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, 33139, Florida
- Cost: Free
Which of these activities are you going to try this week?