Best of South Florida Events: January 18 – January 25
What To Do from January 12 – January 25, 2013
From seafood to photography sessions, if you’re traveling through south Florida this week, check out one of these upcoming events and activities. Those who love Art Deco, there’s even something in store for you!
1. Florida Keys Seafood Festival
- Highlight: Seafood!
- When: January 19, 2013; 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Where: Bayview Park, Key West, Florida 33040
- Cost: Free
2. Photography Class
Join photographers, Bruce Bain and Durga Garcia, at Jonathan Dickinson State Park for a photography presentation and discussion, a guided walk to Hobe Mountain Observation Tower, and a short critique. Some light refreshments are included in the program.
- Highlight: Learn photography
- When: January 19, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Where: 16450 S.E. Federal Highway, Hobe Sound, Florida 33455
- Cost: $25 (includes park admission)
3. Art Deco Weekend
From a classic car show and art deco tours to a film festival and fashion show, step back in time and celebrate Art Deco all along Ocean Drive, between 5th and 15th Streets on Miami Beach.
- Highlight: Everything Art Deco!
- When: January 18, noon-11 p.m.; January 19, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.; January 20, 2013 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: 1001 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, Florida 33139
- Cost: Cost varies.
Which of these events would you do this weekend?