Best of South Florida Events: February 22 – March 1
What To Do from February 22 – March 1, 2013
If you’re traveling through South Florida, from concerts to art festivals, there are some great events happening this weekend. Check out one of these upcoming activities.
1. Estero Concert Series
This Sunday, step into the Art Hall in the Historic Settlement at Koreshan State Historic Site for Chamber Music II, an evening of Beethoven and Mozart.
- Highlight: Professional classical music
- When: Sunday, February 24th, 2013 4 pm.
- Where: 3800 Corkscrew Road, Estero, Florida 33928
- Cost: $30/adult
2. Annual Pigeon Key Art Festival
It’s the 19th annual gathering of artists and craftspeople in a festival that features their work along with live music and food. While you’re browsing through arts and crafts, your ticket stub also applied toward a historic tour of Pigeon Key. It was on this little island that all of the workers who built the Florida Keys Over-Sea Railroad lived in the early 1900s.
- Highlight: Outdoor arts and crafts
- When: February 23rd & 24th, 2013
- Where: Marathon Community Park, MM 49 oceanside & Marathon Airport, Marathon, Florida (Mile Marker 51), bayside
- Cost: $8/adults; $4/students; free children 12 and under
3. Seventh Annual Sombrero Beach Run
Watch the run Sombrero Beach if you’re not tying up your laces for the 15k run. Mingle with runners from all over the States and the world during this weekend event. If you’re not participating there are still tons of attractions from music and raffles to awards ceremonies and food.
- Highlight: Cheer on the runners
- When: March 1, 2013; 8 a.m.
- Where: Sombrero Beach Rd, Marathon, 33050, Florida
- Cost: Free to watch
Which of these activities are you going to try this week?