Best of South Florida Events: February 1 – February 8
What To Do from February 1 – February 8, 2013
If you’re traveling through southern Florida, there’s a variety of unique events this week, from watching southern constellations to eating fresh sea food while listening to live country music! Ccheck out one of these upcoming activities.
1. 29th Annual Winter Star Party
Once a year more than 600 astronomers come from all over the globe and descend on Big Pine & the Lower Keys to view southern constellations, comets and stars. The Winter Star party, is such a draw as it’s the one place in the U.S. where these stars can be seen. Bring your telescope and make sure you take part in the lectures, programs and workshops that are also taking place.
- Highlight: Southern Constellations
- When: February 4-10, 2013.
- Where: Camp Wesumkee on Scout Key, Florida
- Cost: Varies
2. Everglades Seafood Festival, Everglades City
With fresh seafood and country music from Jason Thomas and Jimmy van Zant, this annual event also features arts & crafts, and carnival games as part of the fun!
- Highlight: Fresh seafood!
- When: February 8-10, 2013; Friday 5:30-9, Saturday 10-8:30, Sunday 11-7
- Where: Everglades City, Florida
- Cost: Free
3. Annual Artfest Fort Myers
From meeting artists one-on-one to special VIP access, this two-day arts celebration in downtown Ft. Myers highlights nationally recognized artists in a variety of media, along with a competition for high school artists and activities for children.
- Highlight: High school art competition
- When: February 2-3, 2013; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Ft. Myers, Florida
- Cost: Free
Which of these activities are you going to try this week?