Best of Northern Florida Events: January 25 – February 1
What To Do from January 25 – February 1, 2013
1. Yesterday’s Festival
Step back in time at Mike Roess Gold Head Branch State Park, one of Florida’s first state parks. Learn old-fashioned skills like making cane syrup, open fire and cast iron cooking, or loom and spin weaving. You’ll see Civil War re-enactors by their campsites and moonshine simmering. Traditional root beer floats and kettle corn, will be on sale along with hot dogs and homemade ice cream.
- Highlight: Walk down memory lane.
- When: January 26th, 2013 all day
- Where: 6239 State Road 21, Keystone Heights, Florida 32656
- Cost: $5/ vehicle (maximum eight people).
2. EMMA Concert Series
The China National Symphony Orchestra, one of Asia’s most outstanding professional orchestras in Asia, performs at 8 p.m. at the Lewis Auditorium at Flagler College.
- Highlight: Classical music
- When: January 26, 2013| 8 p.m.
- Where: 14 Granada St., St. Augustine., Florida
- Cost: $35/adult
3. 6th Annual Tallahassee Fitness Festival
Work-off those holiday pounds conduct exercise classes, offer FREE health screenings, conduct workshops, provide free personal training, product samples and more! Local college athletes will provide mini-sports drills and sign autographs in the Kids Korner. Learn how to grow a small garden and cook healthy food during various demonstrations.
- Highlight: Work off holiday pounds!
- When: Jan. 26, 2013 – Jan. 26, 2013 9 a.m. 3 p.m.
- Where: Leon County Civic Center 505 West Pensacola Street Tallahassee, Florida 32301
- Cost: $5/adults; free/12 and under