Best of Northern Florida Events: February 22 – March 1
What To Do from February 22 – March 1, 2013
If you’re traveling through Northern Florida this weekend and you’re looking for some great events, check out one of these upcoming activities, from music concerts to a masked ball.
1. Music in the Park Concert Series
Bring a blanket or lawn chairs to the picnic area in one of Florida’s oldest parks, Highlands Hammock State Park. Munch on your picnic and bop to the tunes from California Toe Jam Band during the Music in the Park Concert Series.
- Highlight: Outdoor music concert
- When: December 7-9 and December 14-16, 2012 | 6 – 8 p.m.
- Where: 5931 Hammock Road, Sebring, Florida 33872
- Cost: $5/person; free/children 12 and under. Park admission is waived after 6 pm on concert nights.
2. Menendez Birthday Grand Procession
If you can’t afford tickets to the masked ball, watch the 16th Century re-enactors, musicians and entertainers as they stroll along St. George Street to Lightner Museum for the pre-ball celebration of Pedro Menendez de Aviles. The procession starts at St. Augustine’s City Gate.
- Highlight: x
- When: February 23, 2013 5 p.m.
- Where: xOrange and St. George Streets. St. Augustine, Florida
- Cost: Free
3. Casa Monica Noche de Gala
St. Augustine’s sixteenth century masked ball is social event of the year, held in Casa Monica’s Lightner Museum Ballroom. In celebration of the 494th birthday of Don Pedro Menéndez de Avilés, the city’s founder, the evening starts with a cocktail reception followed by dinner and a dance. It’s a black tie or 16th century costume affair.
- Highlight: Dress in 16th century costumes
- When: February 23, 2013 6:30 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Where: 75 King Street, St. Augustine, Florida
- Cost: $195/adult; 75/cocktail reception only
Which of these activities are you going to try this week?