Best of Northern Florida Events: February 1 – February 8
What To Do from January 11 – January 18, 2013
1. 24th Annual Candlelight Tour of Torreya State Park
There’s a favorite annual event at Torreya State Park that draws people for the fantastic foods from an open hearth, the distant sound of a the blacksmith hammer, civil war cannons firing and live music. From chili and hot dogs to guided tours of the Historic Gregory House, there’s fun for everyone who comes to the park.
- Highlight: Step back in time.
- When: Saturday, February 1, 12:00 p.m. to Sunset
- Where: 2576 N.W. Torreya Park Road, Bristol, Florida 32321
- Cost: $3/vehicle
2. Picasso Art Exhibit
See dozens of original Picassos, many never been seen in the US. There are 39 art pieces, created between 1929 and 1961, that have travelled from the Fundación Picasso, Museo Casa Natal of Málaga, Spain. The collection showcases the Spanish culture when Don Pedro Menendez de Aviles set foot on Floridian soil with soldiers in the 1500s and founded St. Augustine.
- Highlight: Original Picassos
- When: February 1, 2013, 9 am – 5 p.m.
- Where: St. Augustine Visitor Center,10 W. Castillo Drive, St. Augustine, Florida
- Cost: $10/adults, $8/seniors; $5/kids 7-12; free/7 and under
3. Wine Tasting
New Leaf Market is hosting a sampling of gourmet red and white wines from around the globe. You’ll learn about the wine, both domestic and imported from staff. Some wines are even free of additives. Your ticket is deducted if you purchase wine or beer.
- Highlight: Wine!
- When: Feb. 8, 2013| 5:30 p.m. 7 p.m..
- Where: New Leaf market 1235 Apalachee Pkwy. Tallahassee, 32301, Florida
- Cost: $3/adults