Best Of Northern Florida Events: December 21-December 28
Florida News: Events To Do December 21-December 28
If you’re traveling through Northern Florida between December 21 and December 28 and you’re looking for some great events, check out one of these upcoming activities.
1. Synchronized Nightly Tree Light Shows
Come out to the The Jacksonville Landing and see the 56-foot-tree that comes alive each and every evening from now until January 1 with a spectacular 10-minute synchronized light show featuring over 78,000 twinkling lights. Every hour on the hour these light shows happen Sunday through Thursday 6pm-9pm and then on Friday and Saturday evenings from 6 pm right until midnight.
- Highlight: Twinkling lights
- When: November 23-January 1, 2013 | 6pm
- Where: 2 W. Independent Drive, Jacksonville, Florida 32202
- Cost: Free
2. Nights of Lights Festival and Celebration, St. Augustine
It’s impossible not to feel the Christmas spirit when you feast your eyes on the streets of St. Augustine during the Nights of Lights Festival and Celebration. See millions of twinkling lights on palm trees, buildings and more. On the first Friday in December, several galleries will be giving out holiday refreshments! The official opening ceremony, Light Up! Night, happened on November 17 but they’ll stay on each night until the end of January.
- Highlight: Millions of twinkling lights
- When: November 17-January 31, 2012
- Where: Plaza de la Constitucion King Street, St. Augustine, Florida
- Cost: Free
3. Ichetucknee Time Machine, Fort White
Put on some long pants, sturdy shoes and lots of bug spray and then journey into the Ichetucknee forest to the site of the 17th Century Mission de San Martin de Timucua where you’ll learn everything there is to know about the ancient Timucuan capital of Aquacalyquen.
- Highlight: Journey through the forest
- When: December 22, 2012 | 9am
- Where: Ichetucknee Springs State Park, 12087 S.W. U.S. 27, Fort White, Florida 32038
- Cost: Regular park admission fee
Which of these events would you most like to do on your Florida vacation?