Best Of Free Florida Events: December 7-December 14
Florida News: Free Events To Do December 7-December 14
Having fun in Florida doesn’t have to mean breaking the bank! Check out one of these great upcoming events that won’t cost you a thing!
1. Annual Holiday Parade and Lawn Mower Contest
Head to Downtown Havana’s Main Street on December 8 for the annual Holiday Parade and Lawn Mower Contest. Check out how zany and wild the lawn mowers have been decorated by their owners, all with the hope of winning one of the three prizes for best entry. This year, golf carts have also been added to the competition so it should be a fun parade to watch!
- Highlight: Festive golf carts
- When: December 8, 2012 | 10am-6pm
- Where: Downtown Havana, Florida
- Cost: Free
2. Snow in Celebration!
A white Christmas in Florida? Yes please! The Celebration Town Center stages a nightly snow fall from 6-9 p.m. up until New Year’s Eve. Have photos taken with Santa, go skating on the ice rink, listen to holiday carolers, take a ride on the Celebration Express train! Lots and lots of ways to celebrate the season in Celebration!
- Highlight: Snow!
- When: November 26-December 31, 2012 | 6pm-9pm
- Where: 610 Sycamore Street, Suite 230, Celebration, Florida 34747
- Cost: Free (Ice skating is $10)
3. Sanibel & Captiva Luminary Festival
The charming islands of Sanibel & Captiva are getting all decked out for the holidays. Visit the islands on December 7 & 8 for the Luminary Festival when the streets glow with luminaries, decorated trees and other festive touches. Santa will visit on a fire truck making stops at local businesses, galleries and shops. Enjoy refreshments, music and more.
- Highlight: Santa!
- When: December 7 (Sanibel) and December 8 (Captiva)
- Where: Sanibel & Captiva, Florida
- Cost: Free
Which of these events would you most like to do on your Florida vacation?