Best of Cultural Florida Events: January 25 – February 1
What To Do for culture from January 25 – February 1, 2013
If you’re traveling through Florida and want a bit of culture, check out one of these activities, from food to flowers.
1. Bloom 2013
Take guided garden tours through the ornamental gardens at Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park during the annual bloom season. From floral architecture and a secret garden to brick walkways and a reflection pool, gardeners will love each step.
- Highlight: Gardener’s delight
- When: Saturdays at 10:30 a.m., 1:30 and 3:30 p.m. and on Sundays at 1:30 and 3:30 p.m.
- Where: 3540 Thomasville Road, Tallahassee, Florida 32309
- Cost: Event is free with park admission.
2. 4th Annual Key Largo Stone Crab & Seafood Festival
Fill your stomach with fresh conch, local stone crab and other seafood! There’s also a variety of entertainment from music and a children’s play area to cooking demonstrations and eating contests.
- Highlight: See food!!
- When: January 26-27, 2013
- Where: Rowell’s, Marina Property, mm 104.5 Bayside Key Largo, Florida
- Cost: $5/adult
3. Picasso Exhibit
Celebrate Picasso at the St. Augustine the Visitor Information Center, showcasing showcases the Spanish cultural flavor as part of the 500 year Anniversary events happening throughout the state – in 1565 Don Pedro Menendez de Aviles stepped onto Florida soil to found St. Augustine. You’ll see dozens of Picasso originals, never exhibited in the United States.
- Highlight: Picasso originals
- When: February 1 – May 11, 2013
- Where: 10 Castillo Dr., St. Augustine, Florida
- Cost: $x/adults; x/12 and under
Which of these cultural activities are you going to head out to this week?