Best of Cultural Florida Events: January 18 – January 25
What To Do for culture from January 18 – January 25, 2013
If you’re looking for some cultural activities this week, everything from art to archaeology is happening throughout Florida. Check out the following events:
1. Art Under the Oaks
Go to Islamorada’s San Pedro Church for its annual art show featuring live music and food vendors among a variety of arts and crafts.
- Highlight: Art festival
- When: January 19, 2013 | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Mile Marker 89.5, US Highway 1, Plantation Key, Tavernier, Florida
- Cost: Free
2. Moon over the Mounts
Join an archaeologist at moonlight to view the mounds at Crystal River Archaeological State Park in a more mysterious light during a guided moonlit hike! You’ll walk for ¾-miles on a paved and short grass trail through this National Historic Landmark and learn about its historical and cultural significance.
- Highlight: History at moonlight
- When: Friday, January 25, 2013 at 8:00 p.m.
- Where: 3400 N. Museum Point, Crystal River, Florida 34428
- Cost: Free
3. Music in the Park concert series
Bring lawn chairs or blankets to enjoy the outdoor concert series in Highland’s Hammock State park picnic area. For the month of January, Rick Arnold will be featured this Saturday. Refreshments will be available and proceeds go toward Friends of Highlands Hammock.
- Highlight: Outdoor music concert
- When: Saturday, January 19th
- Where: 5931 Hammock Road, Sebring, Florida 33872
- Cost: $$5.00/person; free/accompanied children 12 & under . Park entrance fee of $6.00/vehicle (8 people maximum/car) is waived after 6:00 p.m. on concert nights.
Which of these cultural events would you do during this weekend?