Best of Cultural Florida Events: January 11 – January 18
What To Do for Culture January 11 – January 18
If you’re traveling through Florida January 11 through January 18 and you’re looking for something meaningful to do, check out one of these great cultural events.
1. Central Florida Scottish Highland Games
Bring your wee lads and lassies to the traditional Scottish sporting events in Winter Springs. Take in drum and bagpipes, archery, sheepdog demonstrations, whiskey tasting, boulder boogie and Scottish singers.
- Highlight: Rock and tree toss.
- When: January 19-20, 2013
- Where: 1000 E Hwy 434, Winter Springs, Florida
- Cost: $12/adults on Saturday and $10/adults on Sunday; $5/children
2. National Stephen Foster Day Concert
Celebrate Stephen Foster at a live performance with more than 97 individual bells. The 200 foot tall Stephen Foster Carillon has some of the largest collection of tubular bells in the world and the period costume performance commemorates his death in 1864.
- Highlight: tubular bell concert
- When: January 13, 2013 | 2 p.m.
- Where: 11016 Lillian Suanders Dr., White Springs, Florida 32096
- Cost: $5.00/vehicle (maximum 8 passengers)
3. Cape Coral Festival of the Arts
This annual street festival is in its 27th year with approximately 300 juried artisan booths and a variety of entertainment from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Booths with arts and crafts line the median down the center of Cape Coral Parkway and there are treats, food and activities for children.
- Highlight: Outdoor arts festival
- When: January 12-13, 2013 | 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Cape Coral Parkway, Florida *art stretches from Del Prado Blvd to Vincennes Blvd.
- Cost: Free
Which of these cultural events would you do this week?