Best Of Cultural Florida Events: December 7-December 14
Florida News: Cultural Events To Do December 7-December 14
If you’re looking to soak up something cultural on your vacation in Florida between December 7-14, check out one of these great upcoming events.
1. Holiday Nights at Edison and Ford Winter Estates
Enjoy the lights and festive trimmings at the Edison and Ford Winter Estates in Fort Myers during the property’s Holiday Nights celebration. See the 20 acres of gardens all lit up for the holidays. Enjoy refreshments and take a tour of the property. Guided tours start at 6pm and 7pm nightly.
- Highlight: Guided tour
- When: December 2-December 31, 2012 | 5:30pm-9pm
- Where: 2350 McGregor Blvd., Fort Myers, Florida 33901
- Cost: $15/adults, $8/13-college, $1/6-12, Free/under 5
2. Candlelight Tours of Fort Foster
The Florida Frontier is brought to life at Historic Fort Foster December 7 & 8. Follow a lantern-lit experience where you’ll see living historical reenactments as soldiers sing carols in the barracks and officers entertain ladies at a fine dinner in the Officers’ Mess. See friendly Natives exchanging furs, hides, feathers and other goods. Sip on spiced cider and snack on holiday cookies while mingling with park interpreters.
- Highlight: Historical holiday event
- When: December 7 & 8, 2012 | 6pm-9pm
- Where: 15402 U.S. 301 North, Thonotosassa, Florida 33592
- Cost: $5 (under 12, free)
3. Southern Pines Blues and BBQ Festival
It’s time for the delicious Southern Pines Blues and BBQ Festival in Perry, one of the biggest and best BBQ and blues festivals in North Florida. Listen to the music of blues artists from all over. Taste some of the best BBQ in the south. Great fun, free family event!
- Highlight: BBQ!
- When: December 7-8, 2012
- Where: 203 Forest Park Drive, Perry, Florida
- Cost: Free
Which of these cultural events would you most like to do on your Florida vacation?