Best Of Cultural Florida Events: December 21-December 28
Florida News: Cultural Events To Do December 21-December 28
If you’re traveling through Florida December 21 through December 28 and you’re looking for something meaningful to do, check out one of these great cultural events.
1. Holiday Nights at Edison and Ford Winter Estates
Enjoy the lights and festive trimmings at the Edison and Ford Winter Estates in Fort Myers during the property’s Holiday Nights celebration. See the 20 acres of gardens all lit up for the holidays. Enjoy refreshments and take a tour of the property. Guided tours start at 6pm and 7pm nightly.
- Highlight: Guided tour
- When: December 2-December 31, 2012 | 5:30pm-9pm
- Where: 2350 McGregor Blvd., Fort Myers, Florida 33901
- Cost: $15/adults, $8/13-college, $1/6-12, Free/under 5
2. Ichetucknee Time Machine, Fort White
Put on some long pants, sturdy shoes and lots of bug spray and then journey into the Ichetucknee forest to the site of the 17th Century Mission de San Martin de Timucua where you’ll learn everything there is to know about the ancient Timucuan capital of Aquacalyquen.
- Highlight: Journey through the forest
- When: December 22, 2012 | 9am
- Where: Ichetucknee Springs State Park, 12087 S.W. U.S. 27, Fort White, Florida 32038
- Cost: Regular park admission fee
3. Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination
See props and costumes from all six of the Star Wars films, watch video of interviews with filmmakers, engineers and scientists. Build your own robot! There’s lots to explore at this 10,000 square foot traveling exhibit while it makes the Orlando Science Center its home until the spring.
- Highlight: Star Wars memorabilia on display
- When: Ongoing exhibit until April 7, 2013
- Where: Orlando Science Center, 777 E. Princeton St., Orlando, Florida
- Cost: $27/adults, $20/children
Which of these events would you most like to do on your Florida vacation?