Best of Central Florida Events: January 25 – February 1
What To Do from January 25 – February 1, 2013
If you’re traveling through Central Florida between December 21 and December 28 and you’re looking for some great events, check out one of these upcoming activities.
1. Living History Days at Fort Mose Historic State Park
Walk through Fort Mose Historic State Park where people will be in period dress and acting out a glimpse into the past. This is an ongoing program on the last Saturday in each month where different topics are featured – mark your calendars! The program runs weather permitting and is held outdoors so dress appropriately and and bring insect repellant.
- Highlight: Step back in time
- When: January 26, 2013 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Where: 15 Fort Mose Trail, St. Augustine, Florida 32084
- Cost: Regular park admission
2. Master Builder
Roll out the lego! Legoland is hosting the Junior Master Model Builder competition with a city theme this month! It’s an interactive quarterly competition where guests can build a model based on the set theme. Winners get special prizes and can take part in in the Ultimate Build Off at the end of 2013 .
- Highlight: Build a BIG lego city!
- When: January 26 and 27, 2013
- Where: 1 Legoland Way Winter Haven, Florida
- Cost: Regular admission
3. 5th Annual Sarasota Indian Festival
Step into an “East meets West” reenactment that highlights the lifestyles of Native American people in both eastern and western tribes at the Sarasota Fairgrounds. Experience traditional Native American drumming, taste Seminole and Navajo food, and see traditional dances. Arts and crafts will also be available from pottery and beadwork to jewelry and leatherwork.
- Highlight: Experience traditional Native American lifestyles
- When: January 30, 2010 @ 9-5 Friday, 10-6 Saturday and 10-5 on Sunday
- Where: 3000 Ringling Blvd, Sarasota Florida
- Cost: $$6/adult, $3/children 6-12, free/5 and under.
Which of these activities are you going to try this week?