Best of Central Florida Events: January 18 – January 25
What To Do from January 18 – January 25, 2013
From a children’s festival to a 50th Anniversary celebration, if you’re on the road through Northern Florida during this week, here are some of the best activities and events happening in the region:
1. Coffee with the Birds
Take an outing with an experienced birder to learn about birds in the Central Florida woodlands. You’ll learn to identify birds by sight and sound during this gentle hike through Silver River State Park and if you bring a coffee cup, the java will be flowing to keep you awake! This event will take place if weather permits so bring your binoculars, a notebook and enthusiasm. Please note that pets are not allowed.
- Highlight: Learn about birding
- When: January 19, 2013 at 9 a.m.
- Where: 1425 N.E. 58th Avenue, Ocala, Florida 34470
- Cost: Regular park admission
2. SeaWorld’s Just for Kids Festival
This festival is for little ones where they can sing, dance and play with live shows, kid-sized rides, and special entertainer, Laurie Berkner.
- Highlight: Laurie Berkner – Solo!
- When: January 19, 2013
- Where: 7007 SeaWorld Drive, Orlando 32821, Florida
- Cost: Included with park admission.
3. Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge 50th Anniversary
It’s a special week with many anniversary celebrations including a historical lecture series, historical resident accounts, exhibitors, wildlife tours, hayrides, and more.
- Highlight: Anniversary celebrations
- When: January 21-28, 2013
- Where: Oak Hill 32759, Florida
- Cost: Cost varies.
Which event are you going to do this weekend?