Best of Central Florida Events: February 22 – March 1
What To Do from February 22 – March 1, 2013
If you’re traveling through Central Florida this weekend, and you’re looking for some great events, we’ve got you covered, from history to stock cars! Check out one of these upcoming activities.
1. African American History: Then and Now
Local artwork and artifacts featured in the Civic Center auditorium are part of the Black History Month celebration at Ravine Gardens State Park. Speakers, music and refreshments round out the event.
- Highlight: Celebrate Black History month
- When: February 23, 2013, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Where: 1600 Twigg Street, Palatka, Florida 32177
- Cost: Included with park admission
2. “Made not bought” Art Walk
This juried art show in the Historic Sanford Welcome Center includes a walking tour of the art venues, live music and refreshments. Meet artists and walk through the historic section of Sanford. If you like to view new artists, this is a regular event that happens each month in Sanford.
- Highlight: Outdoor art walk
- When: Friday, February 22 | 6 – 9 p.m.
- Where: 230 East First STreet, Sanford, Florida
- Cost: Free
3. Daytona 500
If you love race cars, this is your weekend to head down to Daytona Beach. Rev your engines for the Great American Race as 43 stock car drivers take the the speedway and compete for Nascar’s biggest event of the year.
- Highlight: Fast cars!
- When: February 24, 2013 | 1 p.m.
- Where: 1801 W International Speedway Blvd Daytona Beach, Florida 32114
- Cost: Ticket prices vary.
Which of these activities are you going to try this week?