Best of Central Florida Events: February 1 – February 8
What To Do from February 1 – February 8, 2013
If you’re traveling through Central Florida, there a variety of events from archaeology to the arts to entertain you this week:
1. Maritime Archeology Day
Maritime History is the focus at Anastasia State Park this weekend when the Florida Public Archeology Network, LAMP of the St.Augustine Lighthouse and The Pirate and Treasure Museum set out to entertain and educate participants. Seafood fare, local recipes, live music, guided nature walks and kayak tours will introduce you to the wild side of archeology.
- Highlight: Pirates!
- When: February, 2, 2013 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Where: 1340-A State Road A1A South,St. Augustine, Florida 32080
- Cost: Regular park admission
2. 39th Annual Mount Dora Arts Festival
Each year, the hillside town of Mount Dora comes alive with more than 300 juried artists that display everything from painting and photography to jewelry and sculpture. Live music, entertainment and activities for children and lots of food is part of the mix!
- Highlight: All forms of art
- When: February 2-3, 2013 | 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Mount Dora, Florida
- Cost: Free
3. 7th Annual Lady Lake Art in the Park and Music Festival
A green market with all kinds of plants and homemade soap, fine arts and crafts from metal art to wood carvings and live music is all part of the entertainment and festivities at this annual festival. Year after year, it’s freshly made kettle corn that people talk about!
- Highlight: Outdoor art
- When: February 2-3, 2013 | 10 am – 5 p.m.
- Where: 106 U.S. 27, Lady Lake, Florida
- Cost: Free
Which of these activities are you going to try this week?