Where to Party: Best of Summer Olympics Events for July 27
Florida Travel Guide to Olympics 2012 Celebrations: July 27
Wondering how to celebrate the Opening of the Summer Olympics 2012? From special cocktails to family fun, check out the following summer games events:
Swan and Dolphin Hotel, Orlando
Watch the live broadcast of the opening ceremonies from London displayed on large screen televisions, while you sample “gold medal” cookies and other British snacks. Get a chance to get your photo taken with former Olympians while your children are entertained with a host of fun activities as only Disney can do.
- Highlight: Meet past Olympians
- When: Friday, July 27, 2012; 6 – 9:00 p.m.
- Where: 1500 Epcot Resorts Blvd., Lake Buena Vista, Florida
- Cost: Free
Art Of The Olympians Museum, Ft. Myers
- Highlight: Family entertainment
- When: Friday, July 27, 2012; 7 p.m.
- Where: 1300 Hendry Street Fort Myers, Florida
- Cost: Free
Mondrian, South Beach
Take in bayside views and the Opening ceremonies from the Sunset Lounge during the Opening Ceremony Viewing Party. Along with the live screening are cocktails specially concocted with an Olympic-theme such as “Gold Medal” Mojito, “Winner’s Circle” Classic Caipirinha or “Judge’s Choice” Jalapeno Margarita. If you sip one too many mojitos, there’s an Olympic package available if you want to overnight.
- Highlight: Olympic cocktails
- When: Friday, July 27, 2012; 4 p.m.
- Where: 1100 West Avenue Miami Beach, Florida
- Cost: Charge for cocktails only
Where are you watching the Opening Ceremonies?