What To Do In Florida: Best Of Southern Florida Events: July 20-July 27
Florida Travel Guide – Events to do in Florida July 20-July 27 2012
There’s never a shortage of stuff to do in Southern Florida and this weekend is no exception. Which of these Florida events will you be most likely to participate in?
1. Fort Lauderdale Children’s Theater presents Hairspray
Spend some time with Tracy Turnblad, the most infamous plus-sized teen on Broadway. Watch her attempts to integrate the Corny Collins Show see her find true love in this Tony Award-winning musical. Of course, it’s based on the classic John Waters film.
- Highlight: Heading back to the sixties for Hairspray!
- When: July 20, 7:30pm | July 21, 2pm & 7:30pm
- Where: 201 Southwest 5th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- Cost: $25
2. Davis Art Center planning jazz jam session
A jazz jam session will be held at the Davis Art Center on Friday, with bass player Kevin Mauldin, drummer Rick Iannuzzi and pianist Danny Sinoff. It’s happening as part of MusicWalk and it starts at 7pm.
- Highlight: Hearing Kevin Mauldin play
- When: July 20, 7:00pm
- Where: 2301 1st St, Fort Myers, FL
- Cost: Free
3. MangoMania Tropical Fruit Fair
Celebrate everyone’s favorite tropical fruit on Pine Island at the MangoMania Tropical Fruit Fair. Other tropical fruits featured at the festival will be lychee, longan, carambola, papaya and even the “chocolate pudding fruit.” Buy fruit, exotic fruit trees and fruit-related goodies. There will be live music, contests, kids’ activities and rides and more.
- Highlight: Mangoes, mangoes and more mangoes!
- When: July 21, 10am-7pm | July 22, 10am-5pm
- Where: 2101 Southwest Pine Island Road Cape Coral, FL 33991
- Cost: Adults/$6, Children under 9: Free
Which of these Florida events will make it to your list of stuff to do on your vacation?