Celebrate July 4 in Tallahassee with the Fabulous Thunderbirds
Florida Travel Guide to July 4 in Tallahassee
Plan on spending the Fourth of July in Northern Florida? Celebrate the birth of America at a free concert given by the Fabulous Thunderbirds during the annual July 4th festival at Tom Brown Park.
The Celebrate America July 4 Festival at Tom Brown Park
It starts at 5:30pm with a welcome ceremony followed by a moving naturalization ceremony for new American citizens. The highlight, however, will be a free concert with the Fabulous Thunderbirds, featuring Kim Wilson. After the concert, stick around for the dazzling display of fireworks.
You enjoy the music and shop from the art and craft vendors while the children play in a special area just for them. Take them out of the heat and let them cool off in the slip and slides and other water activities. They’ll enjoy fun and games, making crafts and playing on the bounce houses.
The City’s mass transit system, StarMetro, is providing free shuttle service from the Koger Office Center to Tom Brown Park starting at 5:30pm with return shuttles heading back to Koger after the fireworks end.
Celebrate America rules
- Personal fireworks (including sparklers), grills and personal alcoholic beverages are not allowed
- Personal tents are not permitted in the amphitheater
- Coolers larger than 12 quarts will not be permitted on StarMetro buses
- Pets (except service animals) are not allowed at the event or on the StarMetro shuttle
- The Tom Brown Park dog park will close at sunset on July 3 to reopen at sunrise on July 5
How will you celebrate Independence Day?