Best of St. Patrick’s Day Events in Florida: March 17, 2012
Florida Travel Guide – Best of Florida St. Patrick’s Day Events: March 17, 2012
If you’re traveling in Florida this weekend and are looking for some St. Patrick’s Day fun, let us be your guide!
1) Fishermen’s Village Annual St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
Celebrate the Irish culture by listening to pipes, drums and fiddlers and watching the moves of Celtic dancers. This is a toe-tapping Irish party if ever there was one. And what would a celebration be without food? Enjoy food specials throughout the day!
- Highlight: Irish dancing, music and food
- When: March 17, noon – 9pm
- Where: Fishermen’s Village Center Stage, 1200 W Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda FL 33950
- Cost: Free
2) St. Patrick’s Day Downtown
What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about St. Patrick’s Day? If you said, “exercise” you’re probably in the minority because most of us think of beer. However, you can run or walk, enjoy a street party, AND drink beer, eat food and listen to great music at the Adams Street Commons in Tallahassee this weekend!
- Highlight: St. Patrick’s Day fun
- When: March 17, 3:30pm-11pm
- Where: Adams Street Commons, S Adams St, Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Cost: Free
3) A Wee Leprechaun St. Patrick’s Day Workshop
Spend some time Saturday afternoon with your wee one at the Orlando Science Center to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and the leprechaun. Enjoy a snack and a story, and come home with a special certificate.
- Highlight: Learning about leprechauns
- When: March 17, 10am-noon
- Where: Orlando Science Center, 777 E. Princeton St., Orlando, FL 32803
- Cost: $25 parent/child
What are your St. Patrick’s Day plans this weekend?