Best of Southern Florida Events: May 11-18
Florida Travel Guide – May 11-18: Things to Do in Southern Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Southern Area between May 11 and the 18th, let fun be your guide!
1. Stuart Craft Fair
Peruse the show which is set up along Osceola Street in the historic downtown area of Stuart. See some of the best crafters in the country displaying their jewelry, ceramics, wooden sculpture, paintings and so much more! PIck up an orchid or some handmade soap as a Mother’s Day gift while you’re there!
- Highlight: Picking up something special for Mother’s Day
- When: May 12 & 13: 10am-5pm
- Where: Osceola Street, 26 Southwest Osceola Street, Stuart, FL 34994
- Cost: Free
2. Battle in the Bay Dragon Boat Festival
Come to Marathon for the only beach-launch boat race of its kind – The Bay Dragon Boat Festival. There’ll be fun for the family on the beach all day long! The exciting endurance race is scheduled to start at 4:15pm.
- Highlight: 2,000-meter endurance dragon boat race
- When: May 12: Excitement starts at 8:15 am
- Where: Sombrero Beach, Marathon, Florida Keys
- Cost: Free to watch
3. Living History Tour at Burroughs Home and Gardens
Take a guided tour through the historic Burroughs Home and share the history of one of the oldest houses in Fort Myers. You can even stay for a lovely boxed lunch!
- Highlight: A walk through history
- When: Tuesday May 15: 11am-1pm
- Where: Burroughs Home & Gardens, 2505 First Street, Fort Myers, Florida 33901
- Cost: Tour: $12/adult, $10/senior Lunch: $10
What favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?