Best of Southern Florida Events: March 9-16
Florida Travel Guide – March 9-16: Things to do in Southern Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Southern area March 9-16 let fun be your guide.
1) Nonnative Pet Amnesty Day
Visit Zoo Miami on for Non-native pet Amnesty Day where owners can give up their exotic pets with no fees, penalties or questions asked. This includes: reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish, mammals and invertebrates. If you want to adopt a pet, you must submit an application for review by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission prior to the event.
- Highlight: Giving up a pet you don’t want or picking up a pet to love
- When: March 10, 10am-2pm
- Where: Zoo Miami, 12400 SW 152nd St., Miami, FL 33177
- Cost: Free
2) 34th Annual St. Patrick’s Festival
Dine on corned beef & cabbage, shepherd’s pie, soda bread and whiskey cake. Drink some Irish beer while you feast on great American and ethnic foods. Shop for Irish arts, crafts and trinkets from vendor booths and watch the kids play on a giant slide.
- Highlight: Celebrating Irish
- When: Saturday March 10, noon-6pm
- Where: Fred B. Hartnett Ponce Circle Park, 2800 Ponce de Leon Boulevard, Coral Gables, Miami FL 33134
- Cost: Free
3) Old Florida Festival
Relive the past while watching the state’s finest historical re-enactors, performers and craftworkers. See demos on broom-making, soap-making and leathersmithing. There’ll be cannon firings, live music and lots of food like BBQ and old-fashioned kettle corn.
- Highlight: History through demos, entertainment and more
- When: March 10-11, 10-5
- Where: 3331 Tamiami Trail E., Naples FL 34112
- Cost: Adults: $5, Children 8-18: $2, Under 8: Free
What favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?