Best of Southern Florida Events: March 23-30
Florida Travel Guide – March 23-30: Things to Do in Southern Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Southern area between March 23 and 30, let fun be your guide.
1) Marco Island Seafood Festival
Eat fresh seafood, buy some arts and crafts and listen to all kinds of live music. Buy fresh fish, shrimp, chowder, crab and more from seafood vendors! It’s a celebration of seafood at the Marco Island Seafood Festival!
- Highlight: Scrumptious seafood, music and art
- When: March 24: 11am- 9pm | March 25: 11am-6pm
- Where: Veterans Park, Elkcam Circle, Marco Island. Off Bald Eagle Drive or off of North Collier Blvd.
- Cost: Adults: $6, Under 12: free
2) March 24: Florida Wiener Dog Derby
On March 24, the North Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce will declare it Wiener Dog Day making every dog an honorary wiener dog for the day! Watch the dogs race, see who’s crowned Miss Weenie and support animal welfare organizations.
- Highlight: Wiener dog races
- When: March 24, 10am
- Where: Lee County Civic Center, 11831 Bayshore Road North Fort Myers, FL 33917
- Cost: Free
3)Miami Beach International Fashion Week
55 designers from 25 countries, Dionne Warwick, pretty models and sample sales. Listen up, fashionistas! It’s Miami Beach International Fashion Week! For the first time ever in the United States, Walla Al Alawi of the Kingdom of Bahrain (considered THE trendsetter for the Gulf region) will grace the runway with her latest collection.
- Highlight: Fashion & models
- When: March 21-24 (times vary)
- Where: Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, Florida 33319
- Cost: General Admission: $50
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?