Best of Southern Florida Events: Mar. 2-Mar. 9
Florida Travel Guide – Mar. 2 – Mar. 9: Things to do in Southern Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Southern area between March 2nd and 9th, let fun be your guide.
1) Living History Tours
Have you ever wondered what it might be like to live in one of the stateliest old mansions in Fort Myers? Join Mona or Jettie Burroughs this week as they share the colorful history of what it was like living in this property, once upon a time. If you want to spend more time here than just for the tour, simply call ahead! The kind folks at Burroughs Home and Gardens will serve you a lovely lunch.
- Highlight: Getting a peek inside one of the prettiest houses in Fort Myers
- When: Thursday March 1, 11am-12:30pm
- Where: Burroughs Home & Gardens, 2505 First Street, Downtown Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Cost: Tour: $12 Lunch: $10
2) Happy 108th Birthday, Dr. Seuss
Visit the Miami Children’s Museum and celebrate the birthday of one of the greatest children’s storybook writers that there ever was. Your kids will have a great time playing games, listening to books read by celebrity story readers, making art projects…and they might even win a prize!
- Highlight: Celebrating the birthday of Dr. Seuss
- When: March 2, 2pm-8pm
- Where: Miami Children’s Museum, 980 MacArthur Causeway, Miami, FL 33132
- Cost: Free
3) Conch Shell Blowing Contest
Pick up your favorite conch or buy one on site if you don’t have one already (What? You don’t have your own conch?) and join in the conch blowing fun! People of all ages – children to seniors – polish up their shells and give it all they’ve got at the “Conch Honk.”
- Highlight: Conch blowing!
- When: March 3, noon
- Where: 322 Duval Street, Key West, FL 33041
- Cost: Free
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?