Best Of Southern Florida Events: June 22-June 29
Florida Travel Guide – June 22-June 29: Things To Do in Southern Florida
If you’re traveling around the Southern parts of Florida this weekend, here are some great events to check out with your family. One of them even involves seeing Mark Chestnutt for free!
1. Panhandle Watermelon Festival, Chipley
Head to the Panhandle Watermelon Festival which has been a summer tradition for years, taking place on the last full weekend in June. Enjoy music by several performers in addition to the man who made the Watermelon Crawl famous – country singer, Mark Chestnutt. Enjoy the watermelon contests and the car show.
- Highlight: Music by Mark Chestnutt
- When: June 22 2012, 6pm-9pm | June 23 2012, 10am-4pm
- Where: Washington County Agricultural Center, 1424 Jackson Ave, Chipley, FL 32428
- Cost: Free
2. 6th Annual Midsummer’s Night Dream and Spectacle
Enjoy a fabulous evening of music, singing, dancing, artistic expression, theatrical antics, music and more. It’s all in celebration of the art and artists of the Florida Keys. The Midsummer’s Night Dream and Spectacle is co-produced by the Key West Tropical Forest and Botanical Garden and Michael Shields’ Java Studios.
- Highlight: Art of the Florida Keys
- When: June 23 2012, 5pm-11pm
- Where: The Key West Tropical Forest and Botanical Garden, 5210 College Road, Stock Island/Key West
- Cost: Adults/$10, Children under 12 & Centennial Bank customers/Free
3. Battle of Bloody Mose 271st Anniversary Commemoration
This weekend, take your family to Fort Mose Historic State Park and commemorate the 271st anniversary of the Battle of Bloody Mose. Enjoy music, watch two battle re-enactments and some living history demos. Regular park entrance fees.
- Highlight: Battle re-enactments
- When: June 23 2012, 10am-4pm
- Where: Fort Mose Historic State Park, 15 Fort Mose Trail St. Augustine, Florida 32084
- Cost: $2/person, Free/children under 5
Which of these Northern Florida events are of most interest to you and your family?