Best of Southern Florida Events: June 1-8
Florida Travel Guide – June 1-8: Things to Do in Southern Florida
There are lots of great events happening in Southern Florida over the next few days. We’ve chosen three of the most interesting ones to share with you for your own weekend (and beyond) travels!
1. Founder’s Day at Whitehall
Get free access to this National Historic Landmark on the anniversary of the day it became a museum. It’s in honor of the founder of this special property; Jean Flagler Matthews. He was the man who saved the grand estate from demolition, establishing the Flagler Museum on June 5, 1959. Walk through the halls and view the collection of art, historic objects and furniture on display.
- Highlight: Seeing art and history for free
- When: June 5: Noon to 5pm
- Where: Flagler Museum, One Whitehall Way, Palm Beach, FL 33480
- Cost: Free
2. West Palm Beach Antiques Festival
Head to what is considered to be one of Florida’s very biggest and best antique shows. Visit the wares of dealers from across the country, there to sell collectibles, antiques, accessories and more.
- Highlight: Shopping for antiques and collectibles
- When: June 1: 12-5, June 2: 9-5, June 3: 10-4:30
- Where: South Florida Fairgrounds
- Cost: $7
3. The Education
Head down to the German American Social Club of Greater Miami and check out a free screening of Dirk Lutter’s film, “The Education.” It’s part of the European Film Festival in Miami.
- Highlight: Watching a movie without spending a fortune
- When: June 1: 7:30pm
- Where: German American Social Club of Greater Miami, 11919 SW 56th Street
- Cost: Free
Which of these Southern Florida events are you most interested in?