Best Of Southern Florida Events: July 6-July 13
Florida Travel Guide – July 6-13: Things to do in Southern Florida
Are you traveling around Southern Florida this weekend? If so and you’re looking for something fun to do, check out one of these great events.
1. Sunset Reggae Fest
Two of the most legendary acts in reggae come together for one amazing night during the Sunset Reggae Fest. See original members of Bob Marley & The Wailers band as they continue carrying Marley’s message, keeping his spirit alive. They’ll be premiering songs from their new album, “Miracle.” Also enjoy the music of Yellowman, the founder of a light, pop version of Jamaican Reggae known as “Toasting.”
- Highlight: Seeing The Wailers
- When: July 6, 7pm
- Where: Sunset Pier at Ocean Key Resort, 0 Duval Street, Key West, FL
- Cost: $25/Advance and $30/Day of the Show
2. Center for the Arts Campus Open House, Bonita Springs
See the work of artists from all over the United States in a traveling exhibition at the Center of the Arts Campus; “Hot, Hot, Hot.” Nibble on light refreshments and watch demos in painting, clay, glass, sculpture, collage, photography and more. Take a peek at the artists’ studios. Demos and displays will be ongoing throughout the open house.
- Highlight: Hot, Hot, Hot
- When: July 6, 6pm-8pm
- Where: 26100 Old 41 Rd, Bonita Springs, FL 34135
- Cost: Free
3. Jupiter Lighthouse Sunset Tour, Jupiter
The view is spectacular as the Jupiter Light brightens up the nighttime sky. Take a look at the inside workings and nuts and bolts of a working 1860 lighthouse. Outside, take a look at the Lighthouse Keeper’s Workshop or visit the gift shop.
- Highlight: Lighthouse at sunset
- When: July 6, before sunset
- Where: 500 Captain Armour’s Way, Jupiter, Florida
- Cost: Adults/$9, Children 6-18/$5
What Southern Florida events would you steer us towards for some fun this weekend?