Best of Southern Florida Events: Feb. 24-Mar. 2
Florida Travel Guide Florida Travel Guide – Feb. 24-Mar. 2: Things to do in Southern Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Southern area between February 24 and March 2, let fun be your guide.
1) The Sea Turtles of Lovers Key Talk
Learn all about the fascinating life of the turtles that visit Lovers Key every summer including their nesting behaviour and what you can do to keep them protected. Call 239-463-4588 to reserve your space.
- Highlight: Learning about sea turtles
- When: February 24, 10am
- Where: Lovers Key State Park, 8700 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach, FL, 33931
- Cost: Included in park admission
2) Everglades Bluegrass Festival
Enjoy fantastic bluegrass music at the 34th annual Everglades Bluegrass Festival
- Highlight: Bluegrass!
- When: February 24: 5pm-9pm, February 25: 11am-11pm, February 26: 11-5pm
- Where: Greynolds Park, 18501 NE 22 Avenue, North Miami Beach, FL 33162
- Cost: Friday and Sunday: $20, Saturday: $25, All 3 days: $60
3) Greek Fest
Sample Greek delicacies (souvlaki, gyros, dolmathes and moussaka!). Dance to live music and shop for imported gifts. There are carnival rides, too!
- Highlight: Getting your Greek on
- When: February 24 & 25: 11am-11pm, February 26: noon-7pm
- Where: Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, 8210 Cypress Lake Drive, Fort Myers, FL 33919
- Cost: Adults: $5 for the weekend, Under 12: Free
4) Big Cypress Shootout
Check out a reenactment of the Second Seminole War at Billie Swamp Safari. This three-day event will also have lots of music and food to enjoy as well as rousing entertainment like tomahawk throws and Seminole Stomp Dancing.
- Highlight: Flying tomahawks and yummy food
- When: February 24: 11am-3pm, February 25: 10am-4pm, February 26: 10am-4-pm
- Where: Big Cypress Seminole Indian Reservation at, 30000 Gator Tail Trail, Clewiston, FL 33440
- Cost: Adults: $9, Under 12: $6
5) Southwest Florida & Lee County Fair
Midway rides, pig races, a hypnotist, clowns and livestock exhibits…yep. Sounds like an old fashioned fair alright!
- Highlight: County Fair!
- When: February 24-March 4, Mon-Thur: 5am-11pm, Friday: 5am-2am, Sat & Sun: noon-midnight
- Where: Lee Civic Center, 11831 Bayshore Road, Ft. Myers, FL 33917
- Cost: Adult: $6 ($4 in advance) Children: $3 Under 5: Free
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?