Best of Southern Florida Events: Feb. 10-17
Florida Travel Guide: Best of Southern Florida Events: Feb. 10-17
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Southern area between February 10 and 17 let fun be your guide. From seashell hunting to dark chocolate tasting and dining on a train to viewing art in the out of doors, see what’s happening in Southern Florida over the next seven days:
1) For Dark Chocolate Lovers Only
What food speaks more loudly to romance than chocolate? Learn all about chocolate while sampling some of the more “high-octane” offerings which contain between 60% and 80% cocoa. Chocolate samples are paired with the perfect tea for a lovely bit of afternoon indulgence at Burroughs Home & Gardens.
- Highlight: Um…chocolate.
- When: February 14, 1-2pm
- Where: Burroughs Home & Gardens, 2505 First Street, Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Cost: $25
2) 18th Annual Pigeon Key Art Festival
View the works of dozens of local and national artists and craftspeople at what has grown from a small weekend gathering into a nationally recognized art show. Enjoy live entertainment, food, shopping and more. For details call 1-(305)-289-9555.
- Highlight: Seeing the works of dozens of artists
- When: February 11-12
- Where: Marathon Community Park, U.S. # 1 at 200 36th Street Ocean (MM 49), Marathon, FL
- Cost: Adults: $7 Students: $3 Children under 12: Free
3) Sweetheart Express
All aboard the Sweetheart Express! Impress your Valentine with a romantic evening aboard the Murder Mystery Dinner Train! Call 1 (239)-275-8487 for details.
- Highlight: Violin music, intrigue and dinner
- When: Feb 13 & 14, 6:30pm
- Where: Seminole Gulf Railway, 2805 Colonial Blvd, Fort Myers, FL 33966
- Cost: $76
4) Shellabration! 2012 Sanibel Stoop Event for the Guinness Book of World Records
The 75-year anniversary of this beloved sea shell festival, Shellabration! kicks off with an event that will hopefully be a record-breaking shell scavenger hunt!
- Highlight: Being part of an event that may make the Guinness Book!
- When: February 17, 9am
- Where: Bowman’s Beach, 1700 Bowman’s Beach Road, Sanibel, FL 33957
- Cost: Free
5) 12th Annual Bonita Springs National Art Festival
Explore the works of more than 200 artists at this vibrant, outdoor, juried art show.
- Highlight: Art in the out of doors
- When: February 11-12, 10am-5pm
- Where: 26850 South Bay Drive, Bonita Springs, FL 34134
- Cost: $5 (Donation)
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels??