Best of Southern Florida Events: April 20-27
Florida Travel Guide – April 20-27: Best of Southern Florida Events
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Southern area between April 20-27th, let fun be your guide!
1. Miami Rum Renaissance Festival
The world’s largest gathering of rum experts, professionals and enthusiasts is taking place this week in Miami Beach during the Miami Rum Renaissance Festival. This event provides an exciting celebration of the fine art of maturing and blending fine cane spirits.
- Highlight: Tasting fine rums
- When: April 16-22
- Where: 6701 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL
- Cost: $50 at the door
2. Earth Day Celebration at The Barnacle Historic State Park
Take the whole family to the Barnacle Historic State Park in Coconut Grove on Sunday and celebrate all things green. There will be environmental activities happening for the kids to enjoy, and you can explore booths manned by green businesses and local environmental groups. Pack a picnic and enjoy the whole day! (You can also purchase hot dogs, burgers and veggie dogs on site!) Acoustic music will be provided by Florida Historian-in-Song, Grant Livingston starting at 3pm.
- Highlight: Celebrating the planet
- When: April 22, 11am-4pm
- Where: The Barnacle Historic State Park, 3485 Main Highway, Miami, FL
- Cost: $2/person (under 5 free)
3. Taste of Key West
Sample some of the most delicious food (and drink) that the Keys has to offer. The most talented chefs in the region will be showcasing their most creative culinary concoctions at this fabulous feast of flavors!
- Highlight: Delicious food!
- When: April 23, 6-9 pm
- Where: Truman Waterfront Pier, Key West
- Cost: Free
What favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?
Photo credit: thatnimrod