Best of South Florida Events: May 4-May 11
Florida Travel Guide – May 4-11: Things to do in Southern Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Southern area between May 4-11, let fun be your guide.
1. Greynolds Park Annual Love-in, North Miami Beach
Have a grooving good time in North Miami Beach at this festive event. 1960s clothing and music return to a former “flower child” hangout – Greynolds Park – for the 9th Annual Love-In, attracting free spirits of all ages. Listen to the music of Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals, participate in the 60s Costume Contest, see the classic cars, buy a tie-dye shirt!
- Highlight: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals
- When: May 6 11am-6:30pm
- Where: Greynolds Park, 18501 N.E. 22 Avenue, North Miami Beach, FL, 33280
- Cost: Free ($10 parking fee)
2. Garden Music Series, Selby Gardens
What’s better than sitting in the out of doors listening to live music? Head to Selby Gardens, grab a few chairs and sit with your family under the Banyans to enjoy a relaxing day of musical performances by talented local entertainers.
- Highlight: Music in the outdoors
- When: May 6: 1pm-3pm
- Where: Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, 811 South Palm Avenue Sarasota, FL 34236
- Cost: Adults/$17 Children under 11/Free
3. Sun Fest, West Palm Beach
Check out Florida’s biggest art and music festival attracting up to 300,000 music lovers to enjoy genres from hip hop and rock to blues.
- Highlight: Art and Music in the sun
- When: May 2-6
- Where: Downtown West Palm Beach
- Cost: One day pass $25, 5 and under: Free
What favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels through South Florida?