Best of Northern Florida Events: May 4-11
Florida Travel Guide – May 4-11: Things to Do in Northern Florida
If you’re traveling through Northern Florida between May 4-11 let fun be your guide!
1. Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival
The whole family will have fun at the 49th annual Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival. Hey, if it weren’t fun, would they have done this 49 times? Enjoy shrimp and other seafood dishes, shop for arts and crafts made by lock artisans, take the kids to the Fun Zone! Live music, contests, pirates…what more could you want in a festival?
- Highlight: Decorated shrimp boats
- When: May 4: 6pm-10:30pm, May 5: 9am-6pm, May 6: 10am-5pm
- Where: Historic Downtown Centre Street, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
- Cost: Free
2. World of Nations Celebration, Jacksonville
Bring the family on a trip around the world without going any further than Jacksonville. A fascinating cultural destination awaits this weekend at Metropolitan Park during the World of Nations Celebration. Explore Spain, Italy, Lebanon, China, Ethiopia, India, Poland, Turkey, Vietnam and more!
- Highlight: Traveling the world without a passport!
- When: May 4: 5pm-9pm May 5: 10am-8pm May 6: 11am-6pm
- Where: Metropolitan Park, 1410 Gator Bowl Blvd., Jacksonville, Florida 32202
- Cost: $5/one day, $8/2 day pass, $10/3 day pass
3. Paint Me a Story
Kids 2 and up learn the basics of glass fusing.”The Giving Tree” will be read to the children who will then then make a glass fusion dish that relates to the story. Coffee (for the grownups) and snacks for the children are provided. Reservations are suggested.
- Highlight: Make an early Mother’s Day gift!
- When: May 8, 3:30pm
- Where: 3568 St Johns Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32205
- Cost: $15
What favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?