Best of Northern Florida Events: May 25-June 1
Florida Travel Guide – May 25-June 1: Things to do in Northern Florida
If you find yourself traveling in the Northern Florida area this weekend and are looking for some great events to enjoy, let fun be your guide!
1. WWII Event at Fort Clinch State Park
Take part in the Memorial Weekend program this weekend at Fort Clinch State Park in honor of the men and women who served in World War II. Explore military displays, view war-related memorabilia and learn all about the uniforms, vehicles, weapons and the lifestyle of those who were around during the war in the 1940′s.
- Highlight: Honoring our veterans
- When: May 26: 9-5, May 27: Sunday 9-2
- Where: Fort Clinch State Park, 2601 Atlantic Avenue, Fernandina Beach FL 32034
- Cost: Park entrance fee ($6/ vehicle with 2-8ppl, $4 single occupant vehicle, $2 pedestrians/bikes)+ $2/person
2. Message in a Bottle: Wall of Light
A message in a bottle is a simple symbol of hope. Participants in the Message in a Bottle project have written 5 words on a slip of paper to express a thought, feeling or a word of thanks to our troops. These bottles and their messages have been processed and collected, recorded and analyzed for repetition. The messages can be found at messageinabottlejax.com and the bottles have been made into a sculpture by Doug Eng which is on display at Main Street Park to be enjoyed day or night until after Memorial Day.
- Highlight: Honoring the troops
- When: May 27 all day
- Where: Main Street Park, 325 N Main Street, Jacksonville FL 32202
- Cost: Free
3. Island Art Association Children’s Art Workshops
Get the kids out of the sun for a couple of hours on Saturday by registering them for an art workshop, guided by a local artist. There are two sessions for children aged 6-9: 10-11 and 11:15-12:15. A session for children aged 10-13 takes place from 1-2:15. Register your child by calling 904-261-7020.
- Highlight: Kids making art and having fun
- When: May 26, 10am-2:15pm
- Where: Fernandina/Amelia: Island Art Association, 18 N 2nd Street, Fernandina Beach FL 32034
- Cost: Free
Which of these Northern Florida events would you most enjoy with your family?