Best of Northern Florida Events: May 11-18
Florida Travel Guide – May 11-18: Things to Do in Northern Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Northern area between May 11 and 18th, let fun be your guide!
1. Windsor Zucchini Festival
Can you think of anything more exciting than a zucchini festival? Munch on fried zucchini, zucchini muffins and zucchini bread. (There will even be zucchini ice cream!) Check out the ugliest zucchini contest and see who is crowned the Zucchqueen! Live entertainment, children’s activities, arts and crafts and more! All in aid of the Windsor Volunteer Fire Department.
- Highlight: Zucchini ice cream
- When: May 12: 8am – 5pm
- Where: Windsor Fire Station, 1401 SE CR 234, Gainesville, FL 32641
- Cost: Free
2. Mother’s Day Boat Trip
Take Mom on a special Mother’s Day boat trip. Sail along to the Oretga River and learn all about the lovely St. Johns waterway. Treat Mom to lunch downtown after the sail!
- Highlight: A sail with Mom
- When: May 13: 10am-12pm
- Where: Friendship Fountain Dock
- Cost: $20/adults, $5/children under 12
3. Pops at the Beach – Mother’s Day Concert
Enjoy a performance of the Jacksonville Symphony Orchstra under the stars with Mom and let her know how much she means to you. An evening of sea breezes, great music and the sounds of the sea. This all ages event is free. Wine, beer, soft drinks and dessert will be available for purchase on site.
- Highlight: Music of the symphony under the stars
- When: May 13: 6pm-9pm
- Where: Seawalk Pavilion, First St., Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
- Cost: Free
What favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?